Stacy Hixon, MA, Licensed Professional Counselor
- Mental Health Counseling – Virtual
- Life Coaching
- CBT and DBT Therapies
- Group therapy and facilitation (virtual only)
- Psychoeducation and workshops
- Speaking engagements
- Symbis certified facilitator (Premarital counseling)
Areas of Focus:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and complex PTSD
- Communication Skills and Conflict Resolution
- Coping Skills and Stress Management
- Inner Child Healing
Hello, my name is Stacy Hixon and I am a licensed professional counselor in the state of Texas.
I feel a calling to counsel, educate, and advocate in the field of mental health. I enjoy working with individuals, couples and families. My goal is to create a therapeutic alliance with my client(s) for all unique needs of the individual. I join empathy, understanding, non-judgement and a willingness to collaborate with a diverse population of clients. My goal toward our therapeutic alliance is a positive and successful outcome. I enjoy focusing on the preservation of marriage, relationship cohesion, inner child healing, working through trauma, and boundaries to name a few.
I have a blended family, I am a child of divorce and grew up in a blended family. I also have experienced divorce and contentious custody situations, stalking (both cyber stalking and environmental stalking), domestic abuse and violence, family addictions, and religious trauma. My complex life experience allows me to connect with a diverse population of clients. I respect and honor everyone’s right to live a healthy life and choose what is best for themselves.
I have been married for almost 20 years to the love of my life, Lynn. Our family includes our marvelous daughter Hazel, her wonderful partner Grant, our adorable doggy Peach and my two grand-rats Willow and Beans. I am the wife of a law enforcement officer and Navy veteran. I am a humanist and an ally to everyone.
- Licensed Professional Counselor by the state of Texas
- Successfully passed the National Board of Counselors Exam
- LeTourneau University – Master of Arts Degree in Counseling
- LeTourneau University – Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology
- Guest Speaker over the topic of Depression
- Video link
- Psychoeducator for Youth Leaders
- Expert Panel for Family Conference
- Psychoeducational groups:
- DBT skills group
- Women’s self-love group
- Anxiety skills and support group
- Teen peer group
- Adolescent anxiety skills group