Stacy Hixon, MA, Licensed Professional Counselor
Services I offer include:
- Mental Health Counseling (video sessions only)
- Life Coaching
- CBT and DBT therapy
- Symbis certified facilitator
- Group therapy and facilitation
- Psychoeducation and workshops
- Speaking engagements
I feel a calling to counsel, educate, and advocate in the field of mental health. I enjoy working with individuals, couples, families and teens. I am passionate about the preservation of marriage and cohesion of family. I like to work in all areas of anxiety, depression, post traumatic stress disorder, complex trauma, communication, conflict resolution, coping skills, setting boundaries and finding balance in one’s life.
My goal is to create a therapeutic alliance with my client(s) for your unique needs. I join empathy, understanding, and a willingness to collaborate with all clients toward a positive and successful outcome.
I have personal experience as a wife in a blended marriage, law enforcement officer wife, Navy veteran wife, a mother, stepmother, and I am a child of divorce. I also have experienced contentious divorce and custody situations, stalking, and domestic abuse, family addictions, and religious trauma. My complex life experience allows me to connect with a diverse population of clients.
- LeTourneau University – Master of Arts in Counseling
- LeTourneau University – Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology
- Guest Speaker – Northwood Church
- Video link
- Psychoeducator – Northwood Church youth leaders
- Expert on mental health panel – “This is Us” family conference at Northwood Church
- Psychoeducational groups:
- DBT group
- Women’s self-love group
- Anxiety skills and support group
- Teen peer group